Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A countdown or a ticking clock

13 days until I am homeless, carless, and broke! I wonder several times a day whether it is 13 days until a bomb explodes in my face or 13 days until I begin something that I feel I was meant to do, so I guess the only thing waiting for me in 13 days is the answer. 

I actually never wonder if I will fail. I wonder instead if I will only be able to just do it as opposed to how I want to do it, and that is with everything I have. I never wonder if I will be able to finish my commitment, but instead if I will be able to finish it knowing that I was strong enough, committed enough, creative enough, and relentless enough to make a difference. I never wonder either if I will like New York, but instead I wonder what challenges await me there. And then I realize that actually what is happening in 13 days is the opportunity to rise to the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment